As of early 2020, WG6 has five new standardization projects underway, including three Systematic Reviews:
- ISO/DTS 22703 ‘Requirements for Medication Safety Alerts
- ISO/DTS 23261 ‘Requirements for accessing digital medicinal products information by using the existing data carrier
- Systematic Review: ISO/TS 20440:2016 ‘Identification of medicinal products — Implementation guide for ISO 11239 data elements and structures for the unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation, routes of administration and packaging
- Systematic Review: CEN ISO 11239 :2012 “Identification of medicinal products – Data elements and structures for the unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation, routes of administration and packaging”
- Systematic Review: ISO 17251: 2016 ” Business requirements for a syntax to exchange structured dose information for medicinal product”
Three work items have been finalised late 2019 and are in the publication process:
- ISO/DTS 22756 ‘Requirements for a knowledge base for clinical decision support systems
- Revision of ISO/DTS 16791 ‘Requirements for international machine readable coding of medicinal product package identifiers
- ISO/DTR 24080 ‘Translations and Synonyms for IDMP Class Names and Attributes for ISO 11615:2017″
Come join us!
WG6 encourages experts in the field of Health Informatics – Pharmacy and medicines business to join. All participants of WG6 are delegated by their national standard body or by one of the liaison organisations of TC215. Liaison organisations of TC215/WG6 are:
EFPIA, GS1, HL7, HON (Health on the net Foundation), ICH, IHE, SNOMED International, WHO.
If you have an interest to participate, contact your national standards body. WG6 especially welcomes experts from clinics, pharmacies or software vendors.